One of a pair supplied to James, third Viscount Scudamore (d. 1716) for the State Apartments at Holme Lacy, Herefordshire, this chandelier is in the "French arabesque" manner of William III's architect Daniel Marot (ca. 1663–1752). The court cabinetmakers Moore and Gumley specialized in finely carved gilt-gesso furniture. Holme Lacy later descended to the Earl of Chesterfield. In 1910 he moved much of the contents, including this chandelier, to Beningbrough Hall, Yorkshire, where it remained until 1958.