Philip Lehman acquired this "Saint Mary Magdelene" and 1975.1.15b, "Saint Peter", within two years of each other, in 1916 and 1918. By then, the tops had already been altered and the replacements interpreted in different ways. The triangular gables remian on four other panels from the same polyptych in the Pinacoteca Nazionale, Siena. The "Saint John the Baptist" in Siena, along with the two Lehman panels, formed the right side of the altarpiece, and the Siena "Saint Catherine of Alexandria", "Saint Paul", and "Saint John the Evangelist", the left side. The central panel has not been identified. The seven-lobed lancet arch on this panel and 1975.1.15b, a more complicated design than on 1975.1.10b, creates a sense of depth.