- Millsent Connor (born 1789)
- Made in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Embroidered silk on linen
- 21 1/8 x 16 1/4 in. (53.7 x 41.3 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Gift of Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch, 1974
- Accession Number:
A female figure greets visitors at the front door of the three-bay Federal brick house depicted in this Boston sampler. The numerous architectural details of the house—the raised basement, mullioned windows, pediment over the front door, and the decorative balustrade—contrast with the naive rendering of the cottage, the low-hanging clouds and the figures surrounding the house.