- Attributed to Thomas Seymour (1771–1848)
- Made in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Mahogany, mahogany and birch veneers, and glass with white pine
- 23 x 18 1/4 x 9 1/2 in. (58.4 x 46.4 x 24.1 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Gift of Mrs. Russell Sage, 1909
- Accession Number:
Dressing tables often featured a built-in mirror, either mounted to the back of the piece or incorporated into a drawer. When no mirror was included, a dressing glass such as this one would be placed on top of the table. The elliptical front and book-matched crotch-veneer panels suggest the talents of Boston’s specialty cabinetmaking trade.