- Attributed to William Hook (1777–1867)
- Made in Salem, Massachusetts, United States
- Mahogany, mahogany veneer with white pine
- 41 1/2 x 22 x 16 in. (105.4 x 55.9 x 40.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Gift of Mrs. Russell Sage, 1909
- Accession Number:
The holes cut out of the top shelf of this basin stand were meant to hold a porcelain ewer and bowl. Water from the ewer was poured into the bowl for the purpose of washing or shaving. The William Hook attribution is based on the profile of the tapering turned feet.