Portrait medal of Laux Kreler
- Unknown South German medalist
- Circle of Hans Kels the Elder (German, Füssen 1480/85–ca. 1559 Kaufbeuren)
- Hans Kels the Younger (German, 1508/10–1565) (?)
- ca. 1537 (probably a later cast)
- Diam. 5.9 cm, wt. 102 g.
- Credit Line:
- Robert Lehman Collection, 1975
- Accession Number:
This one-sided medal was cast after a wood model. The model, along with a pendant wood model of Elisabeth Kreler, Laux’s wife, is now in the Bayerisches Nationalmuseum in Munich. Laux Kreler was a goldsmith living in Augsburg, though none of his commissioned works appear to have survived.