Liubo Board and Pieces
- Han dynasty (206 B.C.–A.D. 220)
- 1st century B.C.–1st century A.D.
- Earthenware with pigment and bone
- L. 14 1/4 in. (36.2 cm); W. 12 3/8 in. (31.4 cm); H. 2 in. (5.1 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Purchase, Eileen W. Bamberger Bequest, in memory of her husband, Max Bamberger, 1994
- Accession Number:
A popular game in the Han dynasty, liubo involves two players who gamble using dice, counters, gaming pieces, and a marked board. These figures, captured in a dramatic moment, embody the wish for the continuation of life in the tomb.