Scarab of Sebekhotep V or VI
- Middle Kingdom–Second Intermediate Period
- Dynasty 13
- reign of Sebekhotep V or Sebekhotep VI
- ca. 1719–1711 B.C.
- From Egypt, Memphite Region, Lisht North, Cemetery, MMA excavations, 1920–22
- L. 1.9 × W. 1.4 × H. 0.8 cm (3/4 × 3/4 × 5/16 in.)
- Credit Line:
- Rogers Fund and Edward S. Harkness Gift, 1922
- Accession Number:
Scarab shaped seal inscribed with a cartouche enclosing the phrase "Kha-hetep-Re," which could be the prenomen of Sebekhotep V or Sebekhotep VI, or could be a formulaic expression associated with the cult of the sun god, Re. This is flanked on either side by stylized plants.