Scarab Inscribed With the Name of Queen Ahhotep
- Late Second Intermediate Period–Early New Kingdom
- Dynasty 17–Early Dynasty 18
- reign of Tao I to Joint reign
- ca. 1560–1458 B.C.
- From Egypt, Upper Egypt, Thebes, Asasif, Tomb CC 44, Burial 4, Carnarvon/Carter excavations, 1912
- Glassy faience
- L. 2.1 cm (13/16 in); w. 1.5 cm (9/16 in); th. 1 cm (3/8 in)
- Credit Line:
- Purchase, Edward S. Harkness Gift, 1926
- Accession Number:
The scarab was probably made to honor Queen Ahhotep I, the wife of Sekenenre Tao II of Dynasty 17. The carving of the scarab and the rope pattern on the base are typical of that period. The inscription on the base reads "King's Wife, Ahhotep."