Coffin of Wah
- Middle Kingdom
- Dynasty 12
- early reign of Amenemhat I
- ca. 1981–1975 B.C.
- From Egypt, Upper Egypt, Thebes, Southern Asasif, Tomb of Wah (MMA 1102), MMA excavations, 1920
- Coniferous wood (spruce or cedar), paint
- l. 217 cm (85 7/16 in.); w. 65 cm (25 9/16 in); h. 83.5 (32 7/8 in.)
- Credit Line:
- Rogers Fund and Edward S. Harkness Gift, 1920
- Accession Number:
- 20.3.202a, b
Wah's coffin was made of a coniferous wood (cedar or spruce) and painted yellow. Offering texts were written on the lid and around the upper edge of the box. A pair of eyes was also painted at the head end of the coffin's proper left side, as was customary in the Middle Kingdom.