- Long Island Flint Glass Works of Christian Dorflinger (1852–63)
- Made in Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Blown, cut, and engraved glass
- H. 16 7/8 in. (42.9 cm); Diam. 6 1/8 in. (15.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Gift of Isabel Lambert Dorflinger, 1988
- Accession Number:
This elegant vase is one of the earliest known Dorflinger presentation glasses. Dated 1859, it was made just one year after Dorflinger built his third, enlarged factory. The Dorflinger Guards, a colorfully uniformed group that performed ceremonial functions and served as a voluntary police force for the local community, presented the vase to Dorflinger’s wife.