List of Plates:
1. Heriot's Hospital, Edinburgh.
2. Sir Walter Scott's Monument, Edinburgh; as it appeared when nearly finished, in October 1844.
4. Entrance Gate, Abbotsford.
5. Hall Door, Abbotsford.
6. Effigy of Sir W. Scott's favourite dog Maida, by the side of the hall door at Abbotsford.
7-9. Melrose Abbey.
10-12. Loch Katrine.
13. The Tomb of Sir W. Scott, in Dryburgh Abbey.
14. Highland Hut on the banks of Loch Katrine.
15-17. Scenery of Loch Katrine.
18. The Castle of Doune.
19. The same seen from the other side.
20. A Mountain Rivulet which flows at the foot of Doune Castle.
21-23. Melrose Abbey.