Marking: Twelve seals are found around the border of the painting;
Seals, clockwise from top:
1. Yongzheng Chen Han (large, square relief); Yongzheng Emperor (r. 1723–35).
2. Xianyu (round relief) probably intended as the seal of Xianyu Shu, an important 13th century scholar, calligrapher and official.
3. Tianlai Ge (vertical-rectangle, relief): legend of seals of Xiang Yuanbian (1520–1590).
4. Yunmei (gourd-shaped relief); unidentified
5. Zhao Yuan (gourd-shaped, relief) perhaps intended as the seal of the 14th century painter and calligrapher.
6. Fan Chang ziyin (square intaglio); unidentified collector of the Qing dyasty (1644–1911).
7. Xianyuan hu shi renshang.