This armor consists of a mixture of pieces from a large and complex garniture for use in the field and in various forms of tournament. Its principal parts are now divided between the Historisches Museum, Dresden, and The Metropolitan Museum of Art.As presently assembled, this armor is made up of elements designed for the field, joust, and foot combat tournament. It includes a close helmet, pauldrons (shoulder defenses), tassets (upper thigh defenses), and gauntlets for the field; a breastplate for the tilt (a joust in which a barrier separated two mounted contestants); and arm and leg defenses with closed joints for foot combat. The armor is attributed to Anton Peffenhauser (1525–1603), the leading armorer in Augsburg, and the etched decoration to Jörg Sorg the Younger (ca. 1522–1603).