Watch a video to find out.
Stay logged in
Go to Navigation
Go to Content
Go to Search
Search the collections
Browse current and upcoming exhibitions and events.
This artwork is currently on display in Gallery 401
1911, purchased by J. Pierpont Morgan from Galerie Alexandre Imbert, Rome; acquired by the Museum in 1917, gift of J. Pierpont Morgan.
© 2000–2013 The Metropolitan Museum of Art. All rights reserved.