The trumpet-blowing angels, heralding the Last Judgment once flanked a relief of Christ as Judge (now in Berlin) in the center. The central pilaster is composed of a compact group with symbols of the evangelists: the angel of Matthew at center, the ox of Luke at his left, and the lion of Mark on the right. The pilaster supported an eagle lectern, similar to the adjacent one, for the reading of the Gospels. The eagle of John thus completed a representation known as a tetramorph. Probably executed by assistants after designs by the sculptor Giovanni Pisano, the pulpit was finished in 1310. It was dismantled in 1603, then reconstructed in the cathedral in 1926.