This doorway once stood on the west facade of the small Augustinian priory of Notre-Dame at Reugny, not far from Clermont-Ferrand in central France. The three pairs of columns flanking the door have molded archivolts about them, which form a gently pointed arch typical of the mid- to late twelfth century. A five-lobed arch crowns the door opening; on the tips of its four cusps are the symbols of the Four Evangelists, and four flowerlike decorations adorn the spandrels in between. The remnant of a statue is visible on the right jamb.The doorway belongs to a sizable yet little-known group of poly-lobed doorways, typically having about three to seven lobes, found in central France. Sometime after 1920 this example was sold to George Blumenthal, who installed it is his Paris home as the main entrance to his freestanding "Salle de Musique." in 1934 Blumenthal donated the doorway to The Cloisters, where it now stands at the entrance to the Saint-Guilhem Cloister.