The tomb of Siptah (KV 47) was discovered by Theodore M. Davis 1905, and excavation was continued in 1912. During the two seasons, Davis found hundreds of fragments of Egyptian alabaster. Many of these belonged to between 40 and 50 shabtis inscribed with the names of Siptah. Some were sections of funerary vessels. The rest belonged to at least three sarcophagi and two canopic chests, one belonging to Siptah, the other to a Queen Tiye, who has not yet been identified with certainty. Most of the Siptah material is displayed in this case and the one to the right.