This photograph was part of William Henry Fox Talbot's archive, which included photographs, correspondence, manuscripts and research notes. It was left to his son Charles Henry, who on his death, left its contents to his niece, Miss Matilda Gilchrist-Clark (1871-1958). In 1934, she gave a large portion of this material to the former Science Museum - now called the National Media Museum. See Larry J Schaaf, "Records of the Dawn of Photography; Talbot's Notebooks P & Q," (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1996), p. xv; Pam Roberts, "The Royal Photographic Society Collection," (Bath: Royal Photographic Society, 1994), p. 53.
Reproduced in Rollin Buckman, "The Photographic Work of Calvert Richard Jones," (London: Science Museum: H.M.S.O., 1990), n.p.