Cup (tasse à chocolat AB)
- Sèvres Manufactory (French, 1740–present)
- Sophie Debon (active 1816–24)
- After a miniature painting of 1819 by Marie-Victoire Jacquetot (1772–1855)
- After an original portrait of 1767 by Alexander Roslin (Swedish, Malmö 1718–1793 Paris)
- French, Sèvres
- Hard-paste porcelain
- Height: 4 13/16 in. (12.2 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Purchase, Gift in Memory of Frederick P. Victoria, 1993
- Accession Number:
The portrait is of Louis, Dauphin of France (1729–65), father of Louis XVI, Louis XVIII, and Charles X, and is based on a painting of 1767 by Alexandre Roslin (1718–1793).
Signature: Signed in medallion, along right edge, in script: Mme Debon
Inscription: Painted in black in border of medallion at top: Louis Dauphin père du ROI LOUIS XVIII.
Marking: Printed in blue on bottom:  Crossed Ls enclosing fleur-de-lis above Sevres / 1822 (factory mark); painted in black inside foot rim:  I ms. 21; incised beneath mark :  9-61 J; incised inside foot rim:  Li^
Louis XVIII, King of France (after 1824) ; [ Michel Meyer , Paris, until 1993; sold to MMA ]