- Sèvres Manufactory (French, 1740–present)
- Célestin-Stanislas Lamarre (active 1816–24)
- After a painting by Jean-François Robert (French, recorded 1806–34 and 1836–43)
- French, Sèvres
- Hard-paste porcelain
- Diameter: 5 15/16 in. (15.1 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Purchase, Gift in Memory of Frederick P. Victoria, 1993
- Accession Number:
The portrait is of Louis, Dauphin of France (1729–65), father of Louis XVI, Louis XVIII, and Charles X, and is based on a painting of 1767 by Alexandre Roslin (1718–1793).
Signature: Signed at lower left, in script: Lamarre
Inscription: Written in gold, in exergue: Fontainebleau, / côté de la pièce d'eau.
Marking: Printed in blue on bottom:  Crossed Ls enclosing fleur-de-lis above Sevres / 23; painted in gold on bottom:  [-] 26 gbre 23; painted in green on bottom:  30 m 22; incised on bottom:  SD;  VI
Louis XVIII, King of France (after 1824) ; [ Michel Meyer , Paris, until 1993; sold to MMA ]