The Modern Circle
The Modern Circle brings together patrons and collectors in support of the Department of Modern and Contemporary Art. Friends benefit from a rich and varied program of events, while their contributions ensure the success of the Museum and the Department's activities, including acquisitions and publications. The group enjoys about eight gatherings per year, including curator-led tours of exhibitions, visits to contemporary artists' studios, private collection viewings, exclusive presentations of recent acquisitions, privileged access to contemporary art fairs, and international travel opportunities.
Annual Dues: $15,000 (a portion of dues is tax-deductible)
For more information, please contact Michaela Bubier at Michaela.Bubier@metmuseum.org.
Highlights of Past Events
- Private visits to artist studios and architecture firms. Past visits have included Jeff Koons, Cecily Brown, Bjarke Ingels, Amy Sillman, Steven Holl Architects, Toshiko Mori Architect, and Diller Scofidio + Renfo
- Special behind the scenes performances. The Modern Circle attended the Met Opera dress rehearsal for William Kentridge's production of (2015), with reception and remarks by the artist
- Evenings at the Museum with artists, collectors, and scholars. Past events include: an evening with Elizabeth Peyton featuring the exhibition
- Annual dinner featuring curator and artist-led presentations
- Reception with the artist for annual Roof Garden commissions
- Exclusive visits to important private collections.