Francesco Solimena (Italian, 1657–1747)
Oil on canvas
80 1/2 x 67 1/4 in. (204.5 x 170.8 cm)
Rogers Fund, 1906 (07.66)
This picture was painted about 1690 when Solimena was bringing to completion his great decorative paintings in the sacristy of San Paolo Maggiore. The influence of Luca Giordano is such that the picture was at one time attributed to him.