Ramesses III and Prince Amenherkhepeshef before Hathor
- Nina de Garis Davies (1881–1965)
- New Kingdom, Ramesside
- Dynasty 20
- reign of Ramesses III
- Original ca. 1184–1153 B.C.
- Original from Egypt, Upper Egypt, Thebes, Valley of the Queens, Tomb of Amenherkhepeshef (QV 55), MMA graphic expedition 1933
- Paper, tempera paint, ink
- facsimile: h. 94.5 cm (37 3/16 in); w. 64.5 cm (25 3/8 in)
scale about 2:5
framed: h. 87.3 cm (34 3/8 in); w. 67.3 cm (26 1/2 in)
- Credit Line:
- Rogers Fund, 1933
- Accession Number:
This facsimile copies a scene in the tomb of Prince Amenherkhepeshef in the Valley of the Queens. It shows the prince following his father, Ramesses III, who is led by the goddess Hathor. Amenherkhepeshef wears a sidelock of hair, symbolic of youth. The king wears an elaborate garment with a feather pattern and long sashes.